Monday’s Meme courtesy of Strawberry Singh, is all about the Geek in us. Now beside the definitions that you’ll find on Berry’s post, I find myself to be a bit of them all, wrapped in a lovely Tardis blue outer layer called Whovian. I am proud to be a Whovian as many of you know and have read in past posts, so when I heard the Geeks ‘n’ Nerds fair was coming, it’s safe to say I did a happy dance. Anyhow on to the questions! *Definitions taken from Berry’s post so you can make sense of my answers*
So here are the definitions:
- Geek (n.)- Someone who is smart, enjoys video games, comic books, being on the internet, etc… and usually has a passion or hobby that they obsess over.
- Nerd (n.)- A socially awkward person with a very high IQ. They gain pleasure from amassing large quantities of knowledge about subjects often too detailed or complicated for most other people.
- Dork (n.)- Someone who is a bit socially awkward, has odd interests and is often clumsy. Dorks are typically more noted for their quirky personality.
- What do you consider yourself to be? Geek? Nerd? Dork? None of the above? All of the above? – All of the above, however I’m no where near as clumsy as I was before I had my daughter 4 years ago. She seems to have inherited ALL of it from me (whoops) I’m definitely more Geek than Nerd…I love being on the internet, I’ve been on the internet since I was 6 learning to type properly by the time I was 7 due to a Mavis Beacon disc my mom had forever stuck in the drive. I thought it was a game so I played and played until I realized later that I was typing very quickly without needing to look at the keys. I love comics, anime, anything fun that I can read, I like to play MMORPGS whenever I get a chance. I love learning, and when I find a specific thing that interests me, I will learn ALL that I can learn about it and want to share it with everyone, even though most don’t care haha.
- What was the first computer you ever owned? – I didn’t own my own computer until I was in High school and it was a laptop that my boyfriend at the time bought me, I still have it actually but it’s collecting dust somewhere in my house.
- When and how did you first get on the internet? – Oops I answered this in question 1, when I was 6. We had a family computer AKA the Dinosaur (that thing was OLD) and my siblings and I were each allotted a certain amount of time to play on the computer, my sister was never on it so she’d give me her time and I’d sneak out of bed to check my email at AOL.com and get really bummed when I didn’t hear You’ve Got Mail. Mind you I was 6, no one was really sending a 6 year old email.
- Which geek fandom do you subscribe to? – THE FANDOM. Superwholock is one of them. Definitely Doctor Who. Whovians Unite >.<!!
- Star Trek or Star Wars? – Both, however I have a softer spot for Star Trek because my dad LOVES Star Trek and we’d watch reruns together and laugh and I love watching him Geek out whenever it comes on haha.
6. How Geeky Are You? – I got a 72% hahaha..oh boy.
Well that’s it for this Meme, have a go at it! Oh and visit the Geeks ‘n’ Nerds fair, you might be lucky enough to run into someone you admire and geek out over..I did!
*Y’s HOUSE* – Sofa03 – Right [Denim] (Group gift)
*Y’s HOUSE* -Round Chair 01 – [nan / Fluffy-gray]
Alouette – Police Call Box Bookshelf (#8) (Past Arcade)
Schadenfreude – Chibi Cat – Sweetie (Past Arcade)
~silentsparrow~ – (David) Pwnie Floppy (Past Arcade)
~silentsparrow~ – (Matt) Pwnie Standing (Past Arcade)
*Second Spaces* Geeky Office – penholder, loose keys @Geeks’n’Nerds
floorplan. – book clutter @Geeks’n’Nerds
Sari-Sari – Whovian Teatime @Geeks’n’Nerds
/Wasabi Pills/ – Maya Mesh Hair – Reds Pack @Geeks’n’Nerds
ISON – embossed sweaters (sand) @Geeks’n’Nerds
ISON – pegley glasses (tortoise) @Geeks’n’Nerds
Outfit with Berry
FATEplay – Karen – Original @Geeks’n’Nerds
fri. – Raggedy.Man Heels @Geeks’n’Nerds