Hair Fair 2017

hair fair1Hair Fair has officially opened! This event is very special to me and makes me feel very nostalgic. The “Wigs for Kids” charity is one that is dear to my heart. My daughter who is still quite young, consciously made the decision when she was four to donate her hair every year for as long as she can. While I cannot donate my hair because it has been dyed and damaged beyond help, I donate money yearly when my daughter donates her hair.hair fair 2fixedWith that said, I have to say I’m a little disappointed in the amount of 15% booths I saw this year, especially with the bigger brands who bring a majority of the donations with their hairs. Don’t get me wrong, anything is better than nothing at all, but I remember a time when this event had more 25-30% booths and up. I have nothing against any designer who graciously gave their time and items to this event for even 15% but I felt like it wasn’t enough for me personally, so what I did was donate the other 35% for each 15% hair I bought to donate a total of 50% to make up the rest.

It came up to L$782 and I was pleased that I figured a way to buy the hairs that I liked while still supporting the charity the way I wanted. Another way I supported this year was allowing my little one to design a bandana! Sasy Scarborough sent them out and gave me the idea of letting my daughter design one and she really enjoyed making it.
hair fair band
My kiddo picked the other bandanas she wanted me to show off. There were so many great bandanas she had a hard time picking. I will eventually make my way back to the event and buy a couple more that she couldn’t decide on! Thank you to everyone who donates, the designers, the event coordinators, just everyone…thanks!

I hope you all enjoy the event as much as I do!
Links to the booths below.
Koura

Noirette:

Blue Shutters:

sYs

Exile

Aso & Soothe

Tram

Noire

Escalated

Red Shutters:

TUKINOWAGUMA

Bandana Booth

Yse

Discord Designs

Opale

Yellow Shutters:

Pink Hustler

Nani

Calico

Speakeasy

Green Shutters:

Amacci

Zibska

Lock & Tuft

Decoy

Bliensen + Maitai

Tabou

Redhead:

Red Shutters:

Adoness

Unorthodox

Mithral Apothecary

Rosy Mood

Bandana Booth

Green Shutters:

Mina

Ayame Ame

Limerence

Aii the Ugly & Beautiful

Blue Shutters:

Red Mint

Monso

Analog Dog

Elikatira

Yellow Shutters:

Pr!tty

Mello

No.Match

Cheveux

Murray

Brunette:

Blue Shutters:

Rama

Imeka

Geny

Tetra

Homage

Zsa Zsa’s House of Beauty

Red Shutters:

Phoenix

Modulus

Eliment

Gorgeous Dolls

EMO-tions

Yellow Shutters:

Iconic

Sintiklia

Lovey Dovey

Barber Shop

Little Bones

Green Shutters:

Bandana Booth

enVogue

LCKY

Fiore

Vallani

Blonde:

Blue Shutters:

Ayashi

Blues

Fabia

Red Shutters:

Runaway

Astrology

Tameless

DP YumYum

Vanity Hair

Yellow Shutters:

Foxy

Stealthic

Alli & Ali Designs

Due

Wasabi Pills

Green Shutters:

Argrace

Bandana Booth

Damselfly

Tableau Vivant

Kokolores

Hair Studio One – One Creations

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s